“Intentional Governance” is a framework under which high-performing boards can build efficiencies and innovative capabilities to succeed in transforming healthcare. Creating a board that is as nimble and effective as the organization it oversees takes intent and focus—in other words, leadership through Intentional Governance. The Governance Institute’s education programs and publications are designed to support this level of board and executive leadership.
The Governance Institute’s 2016 Education Agenda serves as the framework for conference programs, publications, and Webinars for the year:
- Expanding Quality Oversight to Value-Based Care Settings: Identify governance and leadership strategies that enable the board to improve and sustain quality across the organization’s service lines and affiliated providers.
Advancing Population Health with Targeted Metrics: Articulate goals to move population health management forward through targeting and segmenting patient populations and measuring health and value.
- Building Strategic Alliances across the Continuum: Discern new partners needed to deliver value-based care and develop relationships to build the care continuum and physician enterprise.
- Consumer Strategy: Connecting & Responding to Consumer Needs: Recommend strategies to respond to consumer preferences and behavior.
- Innovation & Disruption: The Expanding Role of Non-Traditional Providers: Demonstrate the implications of new competitors in the provider space and propose ways to position the organization competitively while aligning with the mission.
In addition to the key areas of focus listed above, the following ongoing governance education topics will be addressed in 2016 programs and publications:
- System Governance Structure: Consolidating, Integrating, & Engaging at the Local Level
- Creating a High-Reliability Culture: Executing Uniformly with Intensity & Accuracy
- Strategy & Financial Oversight: New Metrics, Long-Term Vision, & Advancing the Strategic Planning Agenda
- Board & Committee Best Practices: Education for New & Seasoned Board Members
- Foundation Board Strategy & Best Practices
Ongoing governance education is available throughout the year via our conferences, publications, Webinars, videos, and customized education solutions. In-depth original research, online tools, board self-assessments, and industry-leading conference speakers form a cohesive curriculum to help all healthcare leaders—board members, senior executives, clinical leaders, and governance support professionals—perform at their highest levels.
To view related resources on our Education Agenda Topics page, click here.